Τhe area of Attica was awarded “World’s Top Seaside Metropolitan Destination” at the recent the Environment Journey Awards, an establishment that awards the protagonists of the vacationer industry and is acknowledged as the total trademark of the vacation sector globally.
Notably, nominees in the category included major metropolitan centres these kinds of as Barcelona, Spain, Dubrovnik, Croatia Istanbul, Turkey, Lisbon, Portugal, Porto, and Portugal, Venice, Italy.
The award is the final result of the regional strategic enhancement of Attica’s extroversion with the growth of comparative advantages which render it a well-liked vacation spot during the 12 months.
The nomination file of Attica at the Earth Journey Awards was submitted by New Metropolitan Attica S.A., a regional growth corporation, and provided specifics on the region’s lots of thematic tourism products and infrastructure.
As highlighted by the location in an announcement, Attica won the title for giving:
• an award-winning airport
• luxury hotels and lodging selections for all budgets
• the Acropolis, 1 of the world’s most significant cultural heritage monuments
• blue Flag awarded beaches only 15 minutes away from the town centre
• obtain by ferry from the port of Piraeus to dozens of idyllic islands
• a tram line crossing the coastal zone until eventually the Piraeus port
• food and entertainment services
• impressive marinas
• numerous gastronomy options on the Athenian Riviera and great wine tasting situations in area vineyards
• a distinctive combination of mountain and sea
• significant-level cultural performances.
“This award tends to make us happy and confirms our tactic to highlight Attica as a location featuring numerous selections 365 days a 12 months and upgraded thematic tourism ordeals,” Attica Governor George Patoulis said.